Non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace platform OpenSea continues to impress during the new year, with adoption and trading metrics on the rise. The NFT giant has reached a new milestone in the number of active users on the platform.
- Data from Dune Analytics on Thursday, January 13, 2022, indicated that OpenSea has now crossed one million active user wallets on the platform.
- The milestone is the latest indication of OpenSea’s continued growth in the early days of 2022 after enjoying massive expansion last year.
- Thursday’s news comes shortly on the heels of reports that the platform has seen over $2 billion in trading volume since the start of 2022 and could be in line for a new all-time high in terms of monthly trading activity.
- Earlier in January 2022, the co-founder of the company Devin Finzer announced that OpenSea raised $300 million in a Series C funding round.
- This put OpenSea’s market valuation at a staggering $13.3 billion, a considerable leap from its $1.5 billion valuation back in July 2021.
- OpenSea’s barnstorming start to 2022 is also in keeping with the level of NFT-related activity that has characterized the early days of the year, with popular collections like CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club continuing to elicit massive interest.
- While the platform’s dominance remains unmatched, OpenSea could come in for some competition from upstarts like LooksRare. The latter recently launched its marketplace with an airdrop for users.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency