Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is expected to temporarily assume the CEO position at the social media giant Twitter, after the deal to purchase the company is finalized.
- According to a report by CNBC on Thursday (May 5, 2022), anonymous sources revealed that Musk will serve as Twitter’s CEO for a few months after the takeover of the company.
- Parag Agrawal, who is currently at the helm, began his leadership position at Twitter back in November 2021, after taking over from Jack Dorsey. The latter is a well-known bitcoin proponent who stepped down after years in charge of the social media giant.
- However, it remains to be seen if Agrawal will cease being the company’s CEO once the buyout is completed. Meanwhile, earlier reports were stating that the Tesla chief already lined up the next CEO of the social media giant.
- The latest development comes less than two weeks after the social media company agreed to Musk’s $44 billion offer to buy Twitter. According to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on May 5, the billionaire received new funding of over $7 billion to purchase the platform.
- Some investors include private investment firm Honeycomb Asset Management with $5 million, and Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle, with $1 billion. Musk also received backing from cryptocurrency exchange giant Binance, which invested $500 million.
Featured Image Courtesy of Al Jazeera
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency