The world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance, has signed an exclusive multi-year NFT partnership with soccer legend Cristiano Ronaldo, according to an official announcement from the company.
- Christiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest players in soccer history, with five Ballon d’Ors and more than 800 career goals under his belt.
- The Portuguese forward is loved by many and has more than 550 million followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- Binance intends to use the deal to onboard Ronaldo’s fans into the Web3 and NFT world.
- The deal will see the Manchester United star and the exchange work together to create different NTF collections, which will be listed exclusively on the Binance NFT marketplace.
- Ronaldo commented on the partnership, noting that his relationship with his fans is “very important,” and he is happy to give them “unprecedented experiences” through the Binance NFT platform.
We’re kicking off an exclusive multi-year NFT partnership with football legend Cristiano Ronaldo.
This is your opportunity to own an iconic piece of sports history and join CR7’s Web3 community. pic.twitter.com/3j1lKcqrbn
— Binance (@binance) June 23, 2022
- Binance Founder and CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) also commented, saying:
“Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the world’s best footballers, and has transcended sport to become an icon in multiple industries. He has amassed one of the world’s most dedicated fan bases through his authenticity, talent, and charity work. We are thrilled to provide his fans with exclusive engagement opportunities to connect with Ronaldo and own a piece of iconic sports history.”
- Meanwhile, this is not the first time a renowned footballer has partnered with a crypto-related firm. Earlier this year, Lionel Messi, Ronaldo’s rival according to the media and fans, signed a $200 million global ambassador deal with digital fan token company Socios.com.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency