After having sifted through 10’s of different metaverse and web3 books, I’ve compiled a list of the “Top 5 Web3 Books For 2023” to help you get ahead with the upcoming wave of blockchain technology and the open network.
1. The Metaverse: Prepare Now for the Next Big Thing by Terry Winters
This book helps ordinary humans understand the difficult concept of the metaverse. It’s a good book for beginners who want to get a head start on understanding the metaverse and what its potential may be.
In this book (found here), Terry discusses why you should prepare for the upcoming metaverse and how you might accomplish this.
Terry also talks about potential job opportunities, investments, and business ideas.
If you read this book, you are invited to embark on a journey of becoming a digital investor, a metaverse business owner, a virtual real estate mogul, or a voxel architect.
- What powers the metaverse, and whose behind it
- The virtual economy and how you can capitalize on it
- The ins and outs of the current virtual worlds like Axie, Sandbox, and Decentraland
- Potential investments in virtual real estate
- Cryptocurrencies, DAOs, NFTs, and the Metaverse
You will also receive a special Discord invite for purchasing the book, where you can chat with Terry and others in their exclusive community.
2. Navigating The Metaverse (Multiple Authors)
As with most emerging industries, it gets cluttered with noise very fast by people looking to make a name for themselves. “Navigating The Metaverse” jumps to the point, giving the business and economical potential of the metaverse with deep dives into all relevant areas. This book is co-authored by many legends in the industry: Cathy Hackyl, alongside Dirk Lueth, Tommaso Di Bartolo, John Arkontaky, and Yat Siu.
This book provides the best overview of web3 and its potential from most other metaverse books. For professionals who stick it out, it is one of the best metaverse books to buy today.
- The ins and outs of web3 and the metaverse
- More in-depth information rather than surface-level information
- All about NFT’s, Crypto, and spatial computing
- What technologies are involved in building web3
- How to attract users
- Business strategies to market their products or services using the metaverse
3. The Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains by Antony Lewis
This book is great for understanding the basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains, as the title suggests. It’s for beginners to understand the space and for experienced blockchain experts to refresh their knowledge.
Anthony goes over how to put a value to a cryptocurrency and how payments are made.
He’ll talk about what a blockchain is, how it operates, and why it’s important.
This book also discusses the notable blockchain platforms, smart contracts, and other important factors of blockchains and what their role in the changing cyber-economy may be.
- How Blockchains operate and what they are
- How to do research before investing in a cryptocurrency
- Risks and mitigations, how to spot scams, and understanding cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, and regulations.
- How the cryptocurrency market operates
- The evolution of cryptocurrencies and their role in the ever-changing economy
4. The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball
Every day there is seemingly hundreds of new souls entering “The Metaverse” and an even greater number who are curious about the topic and impending future.
This books will help you to realize that the metaverse isn’t simply a game, but a great tool for marketing, education, healthcare, gyms, and more!
*Taking us on an expansive tour of the “next internet,” Ball demonstrates that many proto-Metaverses are already here, such as Fortnite, Minecraft, and Roblox. Yet these offer only a glimpse of what is to come.
Ball presents a comprehensive definition of the Metaverse before explaining the technologies that will power it — and the breakthroughs that will be necessary to realize it fully.
He addresses the governance challenges the Metaverse entails; investigates the role of Web3, blockchains, and NFTs; and predicts Metaverse winners and losers. Most importantly, he examines many of the Metaverse’s almost unlimited applications.”
5. Reality+ by David J. Chalmers
As a philosopher and critical thinker myself, this book is a fascinating area of exploration, diving into the ‘why’ behind what we do.
Chalmers gives a compelling argument in “Reality+” by discussing whether virtual reality is actual reality. The book provides a compelling case and prompts you to think for yourself.
This book acts as an outline of our activities with immersive technologies by painting a vivid picture comprising of the ethics that we need to consider when advancing in web3 and the metaverse.
- To explore the important philosophical element of the metaverse
- Why or why not we should tread lightly in the space
- Not the technicalities of the metaverse and web3, but rather the ethical implications of web3 and the metaverse
Huge resource list/readings compiled on one site! → https://gabygoldberg.notion.site/f7050e62461143d49345e7b46eb5576b?v=c02511c4230c44ce9a1a03c9757da524
ALWAYS BE CAREFUL!!!⚠️
I can’t stress this enough! Be extremely vigilant and aware of every link you click, every transaction you make, and every person you interact with, as scammers are plentiful in the space, and rugs get pulled from even the best-looking of projects.
Triple-check all links before you click them, and make sure they’re the official link you’re seeking. Also, triple-check all wallet address’s before sending anything valuable to yourself or someone else.
Follow my new marketing agency, Multi-Layered Marketing, to get more tips/advice on marketing, writing, and community building for the years to come!
Please support me and my growing family by sending Polygon Matic to this Eth address, or Eth Tokens 🙏🏼
Buy A NFT From Our OpenSea (make an offer) more to come soon including our FREE NFT (Gill Bates) and our AI collection, The WOKEYS
Some Other Blog Posts By Me:
Top 10 Web3Writers
5 Downfalls of Web3
5 + 5 Tactics For A Better Discord
Crypto 101: A Beginners Guide
Top 5 NFT Best Practices (Marketing & Community Growth)
Alternative Utility Cases For NFT’s
10 Reasons Why Your NFT’s Aren’t Selling
Check out our new platform 👉 https://thecapital.io/
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency