Read full article at CryptoPotato.
The “Build ‘N’ Build” Chain, formerly known as the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) will be going through a hard fork in June. The network upgrade is called Luban and will introduce three evolution proposals.
Let’s dive in.
- The BSC Luban upgrade is scheduled to take place on June 11th, provided regular network activity. It is a hard fork and will introduce the implementation of three evolution proposals (BEPs). Namely, these are BEP-126, BEP-174, and BEP-221.
- According to the official GitHub repo update, this is what the upgrades will deliver.
- BEP-126 (in its first part) is aimed at introducing a “fast finality mechanism.” In essence, this is a step that aims to finalize a block and once the block has been finalized, it will not be reverted forever. The 7-step process is thoroughly explained here.
- BEP-174 is titled Cross Chain Relayer Management. The proposal introduces a brand new governance proposal type that’s designed to manage the set of whitelisted relayers. In more non-technical language, it’s aimed at introducing a new way to manage Relayer Manager public keys that will be stored in the genesis contract on the BSC. Relayer Managers will be able to manage their individual relayer public keys.
- The last one is the CometBFT Light Block Validation proposal (BEP-221) and it proposes a system that would add a new contract to the networks that make use of the technology.
The post BNB Chain Luban Hardfork Incoming: What You Need to Know appeared first on CryptoPotato.
This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. CryptosOnline.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, business or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services or opinions mentioned in this article.
#Bitcoin #Crypto #Cryptocurrency